Freelancer Guide Lines
Please take some time to review this entire page — it should answer any question you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
The Bare Essentials for Every Post We Publish
Successful contributions are comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that teach our readers something new about the world of blockchain. While we tend to skew toward content about specific how-to-guides, that’s not all we talk about. We’re also interested in publishing any topic that blockchain entrepreneurs and investors care about.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- First Pitch an idea rather than a full draft, please send a 1-3 paragraph summary of the key points the story would cover.
- The article reflects the writing style/tone of Blockgeeks. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- 2,000k min word count. Max 4,000k word count
- Our Audience is Enterprises, entrepreneurs, investors, and Developers in the Blockchain space and also people curious to learn, so write for them.
- Be sure to include an author bio, including details on your background and expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers.
- Be sure to disclose conflicts of interest, such as partnerships with, or investments in, any companies/technologies covered in the story.
- It’s great to include images to illustrate key points in your story. But please only include images that you have rights to or that are available under creative commons license. Be sure to include image credits and links.
- Please don’t send your story as a PDF — send it to us in a format that’s easy to edit (Google docs, Word, paste it into email, etc).
Please review the following examples
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
Anything that’s been covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
Apply below to get started with our growing contributor team.
Note: We’ll respond as quickly as we can to your email, but due to time constraints, we aren’t always able to provide feedback on rejected stories. We get a lot of submissions, and we publish only the best.
How can writing for us benefit you?
With our huge audience (Over 1 Million visitors per month) and our large social following including our email list, writing for us is an excellent profile raiser for both you and your company. We share all our articles across numerous social accounts giving you visibility from hundreds of thousands of people within your specialize sector.
We’ll also add writer’s profiles to our homepage which includes your biography and a link to your company or personal website.
How often would you need to write for us?
You can write for us as much or as little as you want; could be once a month, three times a month or just once a year. It’s completely up to you.
To submit a guest post, please send it to: