We are Blockgeeks.com, a blockchain media tech startup based in Toronto, Canada. From our launch in Sep 2016 we have already scaled to almost a million monthly visitors by June 2017. With our continued growth and ambitious plans for the future, the time has come for us to add a dedicated Senior Developer to our team to scale our technology platform (LAMP stack).
Do you have what it takes to execute a variety of technology projects in a collaborative, ultra fast-paced, egoless environment? Are you able to learn quickly and absorb new information? Are you able to act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the team?
Your mission is to become the driving force and lead developer of our technology platform that is educating a global community of blockchain enthusiasts.
Key outcomes (6 months time-frame)
- Thoroughly understand Blockgeeks business, it’s key drivers and supporting metrics
- Take over the development of the Blockgeeks WordPress-based site. Review and refine existing functionality and implement changes and enhancements as required.
- Document, implement and maintain an efficient, growth-oriented development process (product roadmap, collaborating on business requirements and UI/UX, actual development, QA, deployment)
- Drive and project-manage ongoing improvements in the frontend and backend of our marketing site, educational platform and other projects
- Manage relationships with other parties for our current development needs and planned scaling of the development work (designers, QA, copywriters, outsourced developers etc)
- Improve our marketing automation and support our marketing experiments (A/B testing etc)
- At least 3 years of experience with WordPress, its themes and plugins
- Experience with web design for cross-browser and mobile platforms
- Experience integrating external systems via APIs
- Knowledge and experience with efficient software development processes (e.g. Scrum), from design to going live
- Experience working with remote collaborators (e.g designers)
- Understanding of usability and security principles for web software
- Good personal productivity system for dealing with many frequently changing tasks to prioritize and execute
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Basic knowledge (and desire to learn more) about blockchain technology
- Understanding of basic design principles and Photoshop
- Experience with marketing process automation (e.g. data scraping)
What’s in it for you?
- Be at the forefront of an exciting, fast-paced, and hyper-growth industry
- Forge new relationships and connections with global leaders in the blockchain industry.
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth.
- Opportunity to learn from experienced entrepreneurs who started multiple seven figure businesses.
- Freedom to plan, implement and lead the development of the technology platform
- Competitive salary and potential for scaling your earnings
Does this sound like a role you can excel in?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org AND tell us how this role aligns with your experience and personal purpose in this world
Location: In house: Toronto, Canada
Toronto · Full-Time · $40K – $90K
Latest posts by Ameer Rosic (see all)
- Passionate Technical Instructor/Mentor That Wants To Learn Blockchain And Become A Teacher - August 1, 2017
- Ambitious and talented Senior PHP/WordPress Full Stack Web Developer who is inspired by the game-changing future of blockchain technology. - July 20, 2017
- Passionate Global Blockchain Educator & Developer - June 23, 2017