Ambitious and talented Senior Full Stack Web Developer who is inspired by the game-changing future of blockchain technology.
We are Blockgeeks.com, a blockchain edu-tech startup based in Toronto, Canada.
From our launch in Sep 2016, we have already scaled to over a million monthly visitors and have over 100,000 members daily. We are located in the heart of Toronto in a beautiful 6 thousand SQ foot headquarter and have one the best teams in the industry.
Blockgeeks brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world.
Blockgeeks is more than just an edu-tech startup, we are a family a family that believes in a brighter future. A future where Blockchain technology helps the world.We’re changing the way the world learns, and we want you to be a part of it.
Our mission at Blockgeeks is to teach over 10,000 developers a year in blockchain to accelerate the ecosystem.
Do you have what it takes to execute a variety of technology projects in a collaborative, ultra fast-paced, ego-less environment? Are you able to learn quickly and absorb new information? Are you able to act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the team?
The job’s mission is based on 3 pillars:
Lead the development team (currently 3 engineers and 1 UX designer, and growing)
Maintain and constantly improve reliable and healthy SDLC processes to efficiently fulfill our organization’s purpose
Key outcomes (6 months time-frame)
- Thoroughly understand Blockgeeks business, it’s key drivers and supporting metrics
- Take over the development of the Blockgeeks WordPress-based community website
- Review and refine existing functionality and implement changes and enhancements as required.
- Document, implement and maintain an efficient, growth-oriented development process (product roadmap, collaborating on business requirements and UI/UX, actual development, QA, deployment)
- Drive and project-manage ongoing improvements in the frontend and backend of our marketing site, educational platform and other projects
- Manage relationships with other parties for our current development needs and planned scaling of the development work (designers, QA, copywriters, offshore developers)
- Improve our marketing automation and support our marketing experiments (A/B testing)
- Hands-on experience with custom WordPress development
- Hands-on experience with building cloud deployment environment (Rackspace, AWS), version control (Git) and QA processes (automation, regression, UAT)
- Experience with web design for cross-browser and mobile platforms
- Experience integrating external systems via APIs
- Knowledge and experience with efficient software development processes (e.g. Scrum), from design to going live
- Experience working with distributed cross-functional teams
- Good personal productivity system for dealing with many frequently changing tasks to prioritize and execute
- Basic knowledge (and desire to learn more) about blockchain technology
- Understanding of basic design principles and Photoshop
- Experience with marketing process automation (e.g. data scraping)
What’s in it for you?
- Be at the forefront of an exciting, fast-paced, and hyper-growth industry
- Forge new relationships and connections with global leaders in the blockchain industry.
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth.
- Opportunity to learn from experienced entrepreneurs who started multiple seven figure businesses.
- Freedom to plan, implement and lead the development of the technology platform
- Competitive salary and potential for scaling your earnings
Does this sound like a role you can excel in?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org AND tell us how this role aligns with your experience and personal purpose in this world
Location: In house: Toronto, Canada
Toronto · Full-Time · $60K – $100K