Blockchain Courses: Training Tomorrow’s Tech Leaders
In the last couple of years, blockchain technology has gone from an eclectic hobby to the next big thing in finance and the demand for Blockchain courses has skyrocketed!
Since Bitcoin and Ethereum have gone mainstream it is opening up peoples’ minds to new ideas and a number of key institutions are working with the technology. Big industry players are also getting on board, with IBM, American Express and Goldman Sachs among a variety of established companies who have invested in various blockchain related projects.
Venture capital investments in Bitcoin and blockchain technology were at almost $300 million in the first half of 2016. Over the years, well over $1 billion has been poured into various blockchain startups.
The meteoric rise of blockchain technology has led to a severe shortage of skilled blockchain developers. Towards the end of 2016, blockchain developer Jeff Garzik told Bloomberg that there were only about 250 true blockchain experts in the world. The current shortage means that knowledgeable blockchain developers can command high salaries for their work. The Wall Street Journal reported that some developers are receiving offers of up to $250,000 at large financial institutions.
Blockchain Courses: Filling the Gap
The job market is struggling to keep up with the sudden demand for blockchain developers. Some universities and private companies have responded by offering a range of blockchain related courses in an attempt to meet the needs of industry.
Courses vary from massive open online courses (MOOCs), to traditional university lectures, as well as privately run boot camps that aim to quickly get students up to speed. The price varies, with some of the online courses being free, while Byte Academy’s 8-week course is $10,000. MIT, Stanford, and Princeton all offer courses, with topics ranging from blockchain fundamentals to smart contracts and even how to develop apps on the blockchain. IBM also have courses on how to create private blockchain networks on Bluemix as well as how to add code for Smart Contracts.
According to Bitcoin pioneer Jered Kenna, experienced blockchain professionals can net over $200,000 USD in annual income.
“The supply of people that have extensive blockchain experiences is pretty low,” Kenna explained. “And the demand is quickly increasing. Sometimes they get five job offers a day.”
Learn Blockchain Development with Blockgeeks
As a leader in the blockchain community, Blockgeeks have organized our own courses to help people gain a greater understanding of the technology and prime them for excellent opportunities in the job market. We currently have two online courses run by industry leaders. These classes aim to bring students up to speed on blockchain technology, as well as give them practical skills that will help their careers.
Blockchain Basics: A Practical Approach
This Blockchain Certified Master Course takes students through the fundamentals, giving them a solid foundation that they can build upon, then moves on to more advanced knowledge, teaching them how they can apply blockchain technology in practical situations.
By the end of the course, students will be able to create, connect and use their own personal blockchain in AWS. They will be taught how to use MultiChain Streams and also how to create their own blockchain applications.
This course is ideal for:
- Employees who would like to use blockchain technology in their work
- Students who want to use blockchain technology in their projects
- Investors who want a greater understanding of the industry
- Entrepreneurs who want to embrace the technology as part of new businesses
- Product managers who are considering blockchain use
- Industry leader Consultants
Ethereum Developer: Build a Decentralized Blockchain App
This is a practical course that teaches students all they need to know about building decentralized blockchain applications. Ethereum is one of the most promising blockchain projects and this series of online classes aims to give students important skills in the revolutionary technology. By the end, they will be able to develop their own Ethereum-based blockchain apps.
This is a focused course that is regularly updated with the latest developments in the Ethereum world. It takes a step-by-step approach in teaching students how to build their decentralized apps. It also includes a discussion board where students can talk to their lecturers for further information.
The Ethereum Developer course is aimed at those with a basic understanding of web development, JavasSript, Ajax Request, AngularJS, Gulp/Grunt and the Node, Package Manager. These concepts are built on throughout the classes.
By the end of the course, students will:
- Know how to listen and react to specific events
- Have an understanding of how to use different data types
- Be able to write test cases to deploy the decentralized application
- Know how to access and change data on the blockchain
- Develop shared blockchain wallets that can hold funds
- Write decentralized applications to learn how to use Truffle and Angular
The Ethereum Developer course is taught by:
Ravinder Deol, a Certified Bitcoin Professional who has taught more than 20,000 students. He has been involved in blockchain technology since 2013. After noticing a lack of structured education in the emerging field, he began using his knowledge to teach live classes, then moved on to create B21 Block, which gives practical and engaging blockchain education through online tutorials.
Technology leader with 8+ years experience and hands-on in software engineering. Operating in growing global multi-channel environments.
– 8+ years of experience as software engineer developing SaaS
– 3+ years leading/managing software engineering teams
– Masters Degree in Computer Science
– Strong understanding of web technologies and best practices
– Strong interest keeping up to date with current technologies
– Expert in: Operational Management, Architectural Direction, Scalability, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, Angular, Ethereum, Blockchain, Marketing, Machine Learning, MySQL, Solr, Android Development
There’s No Better Time to Start Learning
Blockchain technologies are still in their infancy, but with many big projects on the horizon, the industry looks set to boom. Blockgeeks’ online courses are a great way for people to truly understand how blockchain works and get a foothold in the field. We even offer free trials so you can see if they are right for you.
Latest posts by Ameer Rosic (see all)
- Coding The Blockchain: A Basic Primer - January 26, 2018
- Passionate Technical Instructor/Mentor That Wants To Learn Blockchain And Become A Teacher - August 1, 2017
- Ambitious and talented Senior Full Stack Web Developer who is inspired by the game-changing future of blockchain technology. - July 20, 2017