What is Xcoins - Comprehensive Deep Dive Guide
Founded in 2016, Malta-based Xcoins is an exchange platform that connects Bitcoin lenders and borrowers. So far Xcoins has served over 250,000 customers from over 167 counties and helped them exchange over $250 million. As a result, they have experienced exponential growth by around 500% YTD. This explosive growth has attracted a lot of attention recently. In this guide, let’s familiarize ourselves with the company and understand what’s going on behind the scenes.
Traditionally speaking, obtaining cryptocurrencies has been a big pain for newcomers. The plain truth is that exchanges can be very intimidating if you don’t have prior experience. When you consider that most exchanges are crypto-only portals, (where you can only transact if you own the major cryptos like BTC, ETH, or USDT), it makes user interaction even more challenging.
What Xcoins gives you is a platform that markets getting Bitcoin “so easy that even your grandmother can do it.” While this may sound like a flippant statement, the reality is that ease of use and accessibility are the two major factors determining a product or company’s success. Apple, the world’s first trillion-dollar company, was built around the principle of superior user experience.
Once you’ve registered your free account with Xcoins, you can purchase cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and more, in any amount of USD or EUR, using Visa or Mastercard, credit and debit cards. Xcoins is encrypted to make sure that your data is safe.
Signing up with XCoins
Signing up with Xcoins is pretty simple yet lengthy. The image above is the first thing you’ll see when you click on the “sign up” button.
Up next, you will need to enter your address details along with a contact number.
Xcoins verifies your number by sending an OTP to your mobile phone. You enter the code here to verify your number.
The next step is email verification. You simply need to acknowledge the verification email sent to your account.
The final KYC verification step is. Where you’re required to upload your identification along with a selfie holding your ID and a piece of paper with Xcoins written on it. Sellers must also verify their identity. It does not matter if you don’t live in the same country as displayed on your ID documentation. Xcoins should, at least, be able to do business in your current country of residence. This is pretty much the only requirement.
Xcoins order details
Here are some details, about ordering on Xcoins, that you need to keep in mind.
- Xcoins accepts both US dollars (USD) and Euros (EUR).
- The minimum order size is either 50 USD or 50 EUR.
Another thing that you must keep in mind about Xcoins is that, on very rare occasions, you might get charged more than you expected. This usually happens because your bank or card issuer asks you to pay an extra ‘Cash Advance Fee’ every single time you pay with a credit card. If this does happen to you, Xcoins suggests that you should contact your bank and ask for refunds.
This issue can be mitigated if you use a debit card instead of a credit card.
What is Xcoins’ Affiliate Program?
Every registered user can participate in a referral program and earn 25% of Xcoins transaction fees, of all lifetime transaction fees, for all lifetime purchases, from each user made via that user’s transaction fee. The next obvious question to ask here is, “How does this whole process work?”
- First, you will need to create a user account on Xcoins. You’ll be assigned a customer referral link that is unique to your account.
- If you get people to register via your link, you will get a 25% discount on your Xcoins transaction fees.
- Xcoins pays you first-time commissions once your account has been credited with 3 successful orders, from 3 different users, via your referral link.
- You will receive affiliate commissions on all referred customer purchases.
How do I buy on Xcoins?
You can easily buy coins from Xcoins using Mastercard and Visa debit/credit cards. Xcoins offers the following coins:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
After you select the coins you want to purchase, you will need to take the following steps:
- Choose how much of each you’d like to buy.
- Enter the wallet address where you’d like your coins to be sent.
- Fill out your payment details, along with your address (if using an unsaved card).
- When you click on “Buy Now.” you will be redirected to 3D secure. Depending on the bank or card supplier the 3D secure could be one of these:
- Xcoins sends a code to your phone, which you can input into the website.
- Xcoins calls your phone with a code, which you must enter into the website.
- A push notification on your banking provider app.
- Once you have made the payment, your card processor gets to work on moving your money.
What do I do if my order fails?
Every now and then, an order may fail. Xcoins will not charge you for a failed order. Your money will return to your account within two business days. There are several reasons as to why an order can fail on Xcoins:
- Your bank has declined the payment. In this case, you will need to call them to resolve the matter.
- You have failed 3D authentication.
- There are insufficient funds in your account.
How do I receive coins to my account from Xcoins?
Xcoins does its best to immediately confirm your transaction and send out your coins. However, it can take a little longer due to the way the blockchain is designed.
Miners can take up to tens of minutes to add blocks to the chain. Along with this, each block can only have a limited number of transactions in it. If your transaction doesn’t enter this block, you will need to wait around ten minutes more, for another transaction to go through.
While this is out of Xcoins’ control, the platform guarantees that it will always send out coins within 15 minutes of transaction approval.
The purchasing process, summarized, is as follows:
- You place an order for crypto with Xcoins.
- The moment your purchase is approved, your funds are paid.
- After that, your transaction will appear on the blockchain. You can track your order by inputting your ID number here.
- The moment the miners verify the transaction, it will get accepted on the blockchain. When this happens, your coins will arrive in your wallet.
What’s my account’s limit level?
Xcoins gives you three distinct account levels:
- Level 1: You can buy up to $/€ 12,000.
- Level 2: Requires $/€ 10,000 spent. You can buy up to $/€ 25,000.
- Level 3: Requires Level 2 and $/€ 25,000 spent. You can buy up to $/€ 100,000.
Adding extra protection with Google Authenticator
Xcoins allows you to add a second layer of protection to your account via Google Authenticator, to protect you from keyloggers and password theft. The first thing you will need to do here is to get the Authenticator app from the play store/app store. When you log in to your account, you have first to enter the password, followed by the authentication code that you receive from the app.
Xcoins have demonstrated awe-inspiring growth over the last year. Along with their fast, impressive services, they also provide unparalleled 24/7 customer support.
As opposed to other exchanges, which regularly hold transfers for multiple days, Xcoins’ main aim is to provide seamless, uninterrupted transactions. The website is incredibly intuitive, easy to use, and on average, customers state that they’ve had a positive user experience. If you are looking to build your crypto portfolio, you will want to check out Xcoins.
Get started today
Already have an account? Sign In